Passengers must follow the following directions when travelling with or transporting pets:
- provide a suitable container to ensure safe and comfortable transport of the animal
- secure proper documentation for health, entry and transfer for all countries on route
- number of pets allowed on one flight is limited
- request for pet transportation in the cabin must be done at the time of ticket purchase via our Customer Care.
A blind and/or deaf passenger’s guide dog is transported free of charge, does not have to be placed in a container and is not subject to weight restrictions. There are also no restrictions that apply to a guide dog travelling with its trainer.
Transportation of pets is not subject to the free-carriage quota of baggage, with the exception of guide dogs.
Pets in cabin
Pets (cats, dogs, incl. service dogs) in cabin are allowed in accordance with the following rules:
- pet must be smell-less;
- container must be leakage proof and must not exceed 56x45x25 cm (length x width x height) on CRJ aircraft, 45x35x20 cm on Saab aircraft and 45x30x20 cm on E170 aircraft;
- container can be of soft or hard material;
- cats may be transported in a soft container if the container is leakage proof (soft container must be specially designed and produced for pet transport);
- pet and container must not exceed 8 kg in total;
- each passenger may carry only one container, and the pet must be kept in the container throughout the whole flight;
- authorization to bring a pet into the cabin should be requested through reservation office in advance via our Customer Care;
- Estonian Air does not provide pet container(s);
- animals cannot be included in the free baggage allowances.
Fee for pet transportation in the cabin is 15 € on domestic flights and 50 € on international flights. These fares apply in case the first carrier of the journey is Estonian Air.
Pets in baggage
Pets allowed in baggage are:
- minks, weasels;
For pets' transportation in a cargo compartment the following fees apply: 30 € (domestic), 60 € (international). Maximum dimensions per crate 110x76x73 cm (length x width x height) on CRJ aircraft and 110x74x71 cm on Embraer aircraft, maximum gross weight 50 kg.
Please contact cargo companies for transporting pets to England or Ireland as Estonian Air cannot transport pets to these countries.
Estonian Air does not sell or rent animal transportation boxes. Passengers must make their own arrangements.