From 1 August 2013 holders of Eco tickets will be charged 10 euros for checking in at the check-in counter at the airport. Web check-in, mobile phone SMS-service and check-in at the kiosks at the airport are free of charge. Passengers with special needs can check in at the counter free of charge.
This is the most convenient way to check-in: you choose your seat, print your boarding pass and proceed straight to security check with carry-on baggage.
Web check-in is available 22 hours before scheduled departure for flights departing from Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Tallinn, Vilnius, Oslo, Paris, Trondheim, Stockholm and Nizza.
You can check-in your checked baggage at the airport baggage drop-off counter on the day of departure.
This is the simplest way to check-in that enables you to:
- print your own boarding pass and board your plane faster
- choose your seats
- go straight to security check with carry-on baggage
- enter your EuroBonus number
Start online check-in here:
Estonian Air Business class passengers and SAS EuroBonus Gold card holders are welcome at Nordea Lounge located on the 2nd floor of the transit zone.
- Check-in at the Tallinn airport ends 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- To complete your check-in in time please come to the airport at least 2 hours before the departure time indicated on your ticket. That is, unless you use one of the early check-in options listed below.
- For information about the check-in schedules at other airports please read the airport information
- Passengers, who have arrived to Oslo Gardermoen airport on a domestic flight and have no boarding pass or possibility to check in to their connecting flight, can pass security control by presenting their ticket.
If you have bought your ticket and entered your mobile phone number to the SMS report field, you can check-in with a text message (SMS). You can also add your mobile phone number on the My flights page irrespective of whether you bought the ticket on the Estonian Air website or from a travel agency.
NB! In case you use SMS check-in but you later need your boarding pass as a travel related document, please order one to your e-mail address to be printed out when needed. Estonian Air cannot issue a printed boarding pass once the flight has been operated.
Check-in on the previous day for flights departing from Tallinn
Another option for hassle-free check-in is to do it on the day before your flight.
Hand in your baggage as well and you will have only the security check and the passport control to perform on the day of departure. Check-in on the previous day saves you the time you would spend in queues and on coming to the airport extremely early in the morning. At Tallinn airport you can check-in on the previous day from 12:00-21:00, but not earlier than 23 hours before the scheduled departure time.
Self-service check-in kiosk
You can check in to direct flights at Tallinn airport using the self service check-in kiosk.
- Enter your ticket number or booking code to the check-in kiosk. The kiosk prints you a boarding pass and when you travel with carry-on baggage you can you can proceed straight to the security check.
- If you need to drop off your baggage you can do it after the self-service check-in.
The check-in kiosks allow you to check in for Estonian Air flights to Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Oslo, Tallinn, Trondheim and Stockholm.
- passport (on international flights)
- passport or national ID-card (in the European Union)