Border control to be reintroduced in April
The Estonian Police and Border Guard Board would like to inform you that due to the Directive of the Republic of Estonia dating from the 18th of March (https://dhs.riigikantselei.ee/avalikteave.nsf/documents/NT000C5A92?open&xsl=true) border control shall be reintroduced between:
- Border control will be applied to persons entering Estonia at the Estonian-Latvian border, as well as at ports and airports.
- The requirements of customs-, sanitary-, veterinary- and fytosanitary control will not be implemented during temporary border check.
- Crossing of the border in the area between border crossing points is not permitted during this time period of reintroduction of border control.
- EU citizens can enter Estonia at the internal border of Schengen area by presenting a travel document or an ID-card. Third country citizens must carry a travel document (passport) and a document proving the rights to enter Schengen area when crossing the border.
- In general all border crossing points are open 24h (see the attached list of border crossing points).