Our Environmental Policy
We are committed to achieve a real and sustainable positive impact on the broader community in which we live and work. Our objective is to minimize the impact of our business activity on the environment, wherever possible.
We recognize that our impact on the environment comes from:
- Fuel consumption;
- Electricity to heat, cool and power office equipment;
- Water usage in the office;
- Resources such as paper;
- Waste including paper, plastic and consumable I.T. equipment.
Having that in mind, Estonian Air commits to carbon neutral growth by 2020 initiated by IATA (obtaining fuel efficient aircraft, weight reduction, reduction of noise pollution by flying less noisy aircraft and with new ways of approaching to/departing from airport and being part of the SESAR project – an European air traffic control infrastructure modernisation programme).
- Fuel programme from 2006 in order to cut down CO2 emissions and use less fuel;
- Reducing environmental impact (less noise, usage of fuel, CO2 emissions) when obtaining new aircraft;
- Evaluate future energy usage to see how we can use low energy systems in the office;
- Reduce hard copy in our marketing activities;
- Further reduce our letters and correspondence, where alternative electronic mechanisms can be used;
- Consider environmental criteria when choosing services and goods;
- Reduce our impact on the environment and ask that our staff, suppliers and clients do likewise, for instance taking part in tree planting event.